Home Builders Institute respects the privacy of its visitors and customers and understands the importance of privacy to visitors to our website. We collect and store information so that we can efficiently provide information to our users and process your requests for additional information and materials. This privacy statement is designed to help you understand what information we gather and what we do with the information.
Your Information. Personal identifying information, such as names, street or e-mail addresses, phone numbers or any other information which, when used by itself or with other data, might identify a customer individually is only collected if a customer sends it to us voluntarily as part of using our service, or provides such information in connection with a purchase. We may also use this information to send you notices on a regular basis regarding other Home Builders Institute developments or services and to further personalize your experience on our site. Personal identifying information is used only for our legitimate business interests, including the aforementioned notices, to supply requested information, answer visitors' questions, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure. By giving Home Builders Institute your personal identifying information, you grant Home Builders Institute, and its affiliates and subsidiaries the right to use this information for reasonable business purposes, with permission to disclose it to Home Builders Institute's preferred mortgage and construction lenders and in a manner consistent with the policies of Home Builders Institute and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal identifying information to any third party, except as described in this section. We may contract with reputable vendors to assist us in processing information or delivering the items that our users requests. These vendors are restricted from using or selling the information for any purpose other than helping us to provide the materials and requested services. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, online traffic patterns and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information. Finally, if disclosure of any information is required by law or by an appropriate government authority, we will comply accordingly.
Your Use. By using this website, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on this website or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of our website, and to abide by all applicable, local, state, federal and international laws.
Security. Home Builders Institute always uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. Home Builders Institute has implemented appropriate security measures in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our website, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems. In the unlikely event of an interception OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS despite our efforts, Home Builders Institute shall not be responsible for such interception OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, or any DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A CUSTOMER OR USER, EVEN IF Home Builders Institute HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Home Builders Institute DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY CUSTOMER SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EACH CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF HIS OR HER OWN LOGIN INFORMATION.
Disclaimers. WHILE Home Builders Institute HAS SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR INTERCEPTION, THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE GUARANTEE OF SECURITY. IN THE EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, Home Builders Institute SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A VISITOR OR USER, EVEN IF Home Builders Institute HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Home Builders Institute DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY VISITOR SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN TRANSMITTING ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS TO Home Builders Institute, THE USER OF THIS WEBSITE IS REQUESTING THAT Home Builders Institute SEND INFORMATION TO OR CONTACT THE USER REGARDING OUR DEVELOPMENTS OR OUR SERVICES. Home Builders Institute WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ACCOMMODATE REASONABLE REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO OUR DEVELOPMENTS AND SERVICES IN A TIMELY MANNER BUT MAKES NO GUARANTEES FOR THE TIMELINESS OF SUCH RESPONSES. THE USER SHOULD BE AWARE THAT Home Builders Institute IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAY, NON-DELIVERY OR NON-RECEIPT OF ANY INFORMATION EXCHANGED BETWEEN Home Builders Institute AND THE USER OR VICE-VERSA DUE TO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS, MAN-MADE OR NATURAL DISASTERS, FORCE MAJEURE, COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS OR INCORRECT CONTACT INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO E-MAIL ADDRESSES, MAILING ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE, CELLULAR, PAGER OR FAX NUMBERS) SUPPLIED BY THE USER.
Home Builders Institute COOPERATES WITH INQUIRIES FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND WILL ASSIST IN ATTEMPTING TO IDENTIFY A USER WHEN Home Builders Institute IS REQUIRED by law to do so OR WHEN Home Builders Institute, IN THE EXERCISE OF ITS JUDGMENT, DETERMINES IT IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT ITSELF, ITS WEBSITE, SERVICES, CUSTOMERS AND OTHERS.
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. Your use of this website is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. By using this website, you signify your assent to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
Limited permission to view using a browser and to cache is granted.
All images, website design elements, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, other content, the presentation, selection and arrangement thereof, and all software
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
1. OWNERSHIP. This site, and each of its components, is the copyrighted property of Home Builders Institute, Inc., Home Builders Institute Realty and its affiliates or subsidiaries ("Home Builders Institute"), and/or its various third party providers. None of the content or data found on this website may be reproduced, republished, distributed, sold, transferred, or modified without the express written permission of Home Builders Institute. In addition, the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website (collectively, the "Trademarks") are registered and common law trademarks of Home Builders Institute, its affiliates, and various third parties. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Trademarks without the written permission of Home Builders Institute or the owner of the Trademarks.
2. USE OF SITE. You may only use this website to browse the content, make inquiries to Home Builders Institute and not for any other purposes. This site and the content provided in this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of Home Builders Institute, except that you may download, display and print one copy of the materials presented on this website on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only. ‘Deep-linking,’ ‘embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing. Unauthorized use of this website and/or the materials contained on this website may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, and any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. You are prohibited from posting to or transmitting from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Any links from this website to other websites or e-mail addresses are provided for your information and convenience only. Home Builders Institute does not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to any website linked from this website, or e-mail address (or any website linking to this website), including its content and operation. Home Builders Institute does not review or monitor such links. A link from this website to another website or e-mail address (or a link from another website to this website) does not constitute a referral, endorsement, approval, advertising, offer or solicitation with respect to such website, its contents, or any products or services advertised or distributed through that website. While this website may contain "links" to many sites, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
2. AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this website. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this website by you and those using any password you are provided.
4. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY. Home Builders Institute MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. Home Builders Institute DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON THIS SITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. Although Home Builders Institute strives to provide on this website the latest information related to its developments, products and services, and other information about Home Builders Institute, Home Builders Institute does not warrant the accuracy, effectiveness and suitability of any information contained in this website. No warranty or representation of intended use, design or proposed improvements is made herein. Nothing presented in this website shall obligate Home Builders Institute to construct facilities or complete any development described or shown. All plans for developments or facilities that are not completed are subject to change without notice. Each visitor assumes full responsibility and all risks arising from use of this website. The information is presented "AS IS" and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Home Builders Institute may make additions, deletions, or modifications to the Information at any time without any prior notification.
6. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend and indemnify Home Builders Institute and its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of your use of this website.
7. SUBMISSIONS. "Submissions" means all comments, feedback, suggestions, photos, e-mail, phone number, address and similar information or materials that you submit to Home Builders Institute regarding the development, products or services of Home Builders Institute. Submissions will not be confidential and will become the property of Home Builders Institute upon submission to Home Builders Institute. By providing any such Submissions, you agree to assign to Home Builders Institute, at no charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the Submissions. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the Submissions that you provide, and that you, not Home Builders Institute, have full responsibility for the Submissions, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright. As a matter of policy Home Builders Institute does not prescreen or monitor any Submissions.
8. CAREERS. From time to time, Home Builders Institute may place career announcements on its website, seeking submissions from candidates who desire employment with Home Builders Institute. However, Home Builders Institute is under not any obligation to screen or review any submissions or to offer any career announcement or other employment opportunities. As a result, Home Builders Institute does not certify the existence, type or quality of any job posted, the accuracy of the listings, the suitability of any job opportunities to candidates or the continued existence of the job after posting. This website and all information it contains are provided “AS IS.” Home Builders Institute MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE CAREER PORTION OF ITS WEBSITE.
Home Builders Institute does not guarantee that any employment position will be offered to any of the candidates submitting information. By using this website, you assume the risk that the information on this website may be incomplete, inaccurate, out of date, or that a specific posting may not meet your needs and requirements. You also agree that any information you submit, whether or not it is in response to any posted vacancy, are truthful and complete. Home Builders Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
9. RELATIONSHIP. Your use of this website is independent of Home Builders Institute and not as an employee, agent, partner, or joint venturer with Home Builders Institute for any purpose.
10. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the District of Columbia, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this website and this Agreement.
11. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign, convey, subcontract or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
12. MODIFICATION. Home Builders Institute may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of this website will be conditioned upon the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use.
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Additional terms and conditions may apply to purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions of this website, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
14. SEVERABILITY. These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
15. HEADINGS. The heading used in these Terms and Conditions are included by convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms and Conditions.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions, together with those incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on this website.
17. PRESS RELEASES. The information contained within press releases issued by Home Builders Institute should not be deemed accurate or current except as of the date the release was posted. Home Builders Institute and its affiliates have no intention of updating, and specifically disclaim any duty to update, the information in the press releases.
18. COPYRIGHT ACT AGENT. Home Builders Institute respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use the website do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the Copyright Agent named below:
Your address, telephone number, and email address;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Home Builders Institute, Inc