HVAC technicians build, install, maintain, and troubleshoot heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. They improve structural energy efficiency and lower the annual costs associated with the heating and cooling of any building.
- Install system piping and tubing
- Install system wiring and circuits
- Maintain and clean heating and air conditioning systems
- Install air filtration systems
- Test systems with measuring instruments
- Conduct preventive maintenance
- Assist in the design and building of duct work
- Check thermostat and control circuit operation
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace wiring and conduit
- Use green building techniques to conserve energy resources
Demands of the Job
ReHVAC work can involve bending, lifting, kneeling, or standing for long periods of time. The work environment varies. Depending on the job, it can take place indoors or outdoors, and sometimes require working in confined spaces. Careers in HVAC offer ever-expanding opportunities for further learning and growing income.